Welcome to Our Class Blog!
Here are some tips on how to write successful current event posts:
- Choose a current article from the links provided.
- Be sure to include the title of the article, the author, the date it was written and the link to the article.
- Take "dot jot" notes into the graphic organizer as you read the article to be sure that you are paraphrasing and not tempting to copy-paste.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated, especially online. If it's someone else's words, you need to use quotation marks and put the persons name at the end in parentheses who said it.
- Include an image, or video to provide a visual based on the article (must include image url).
- Remember, the minimum is 200 words for your blog post, but keep it to a maximum of 500 words.
- Read a selection of your classmates’ postings. As you read their responses, note those to which you would like to respond with advice, questions, comments, and/or encouragement for improvement.
- Provide feedback
- Ask a question
- Share an insight - (A connection or thought)
- Offer an opinion
- Make a suggestion
- Note a similarity or difference to your posting
Return to your post in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Reflect on what you learned and/or any insights you gained, and how these comments improve your writing. You do not have to write this, you are welcome to comment back on your post to help you remember for what you wish to improve.